Winner of the 2 skeins of Lady Godiva and a Cedar Leaf Shawlette pattern is: Stephanie! Yay! Stephanie wrote, "I have never knit with HandMaiden yarns, but I saw a skein of Sea Silk in a rich sapphire like color at an out of town LYS and it was absolutely beautiful..." Congratulations! Please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your info to claim your prize.
The runners up who will each receive a signed copy of the shawlette pattern and the famous cookie recipe are: Armida, mprezzia, Beth, Melissa, and Kristina @ Freedom Lovers' Academy. Please shoot me an email at email@example.com with your info to claim your prize.
I have a treat for you today! Melynda from French Press Knits is back with us, and she has a brand spankin' new pattern to announce! So new that it hasn't even been released yet. Along with the announcement of the fabulous pattern, I sent Melynda a quick fun email questionnaire to answer for us - completely irrelevant to knitting, but really amusing to read. (BTW, I did not come up these questions myself. They're from an email I received a long time ago that was being circulated amongst my friends.)
1. What time is now: 9:29 PM
2. Full Name? Melynda Anne Bernardi
3. What do you fear most: uhh... fear itself?
4. What do you drive? Ford Escape
5. Last movie you saw? Bright Star
6. Where were you born? Southfield, MI
7. Ever been to Alaska? nope
8. Ever been toilet papering? yes
9. Croutons or Bacon bits? Croutons, please
10. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
11. Favorite restaurant? Always changing- but I always love a good Filet Mignon on occasion
12. Favorite Flower? Peonies and Hydrangeas - waiting patiently for both to bloom now
13. Favorite sport to watch? I seem to watch a lot of running and cycling races these days
14. Favorite Drink? Big Train Chai or Dark Chocolate Latte from Caribou
15. Favorite Ice cream? Embarrassed to say it, but I'm a sucker for Superman!
16. Disney or Warner Brothers? I'm impartial
17. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonalds...how American of me
18. What color is your bedroom carpet? a neutral green, but hope to change it soon
19. How many times you failed your driver's test? 0
20. What do you do most often when you are bored? bored? It's been a while. Knitting or crossword puzzles
21. Bedtime? 10-11
22. Favorite TV show? Project Runway or Biggest Loser
23. Ford, Chevy or Honda? I drive a Ford, but didn't pick it (company car)
24. Favorite Singer(s)? Regina Spektor, the Weepies
25. What are your favorite colors? I seem to like painting things shades of blue
26. How many tattoos do you have? 0
27. Do you have any pets? nope
28. Which came first the chicken or the egg? Chicken
29. What would you like to accomplish before you die? Raise a family
30. What time is it now? 9:34... not bad :)
Thanks Melynda for answering the goofy questions! You were a good sport! If this is your first time seeing Melynda on my blog, I highly recommend checking out her first interview with me in giveaway #5 and taking a look at her beautiful patterns that she currently offers. Melynda is a very talented knitwear designer and everyone loves her ever so popular French Press Felted Slippers. More than 10,000 people on Ravelry heart that pattern!
Now for the giveaway, Melynda's brand spankin' new pattern! Check out the cutest baby booties you have ever seen... the 3-in-1 Felted Booties!
In honor of the new pattern, Melynda is hosting the giveaway for three lucky winners to receive a copy of her newest bootie pattern and one skein of Patons Classic Wool in a color of their choice, which is enough yarn for about 4 pairs of booties. Here's a pic of all the colors to choose from:
I would like you to do the following if you would like to be entered into this week's giveaway:
1) Have an address in the US to ship the yarn to. If you have a friend or relative that has a US mailing address who is willing to be your shipping sponsor, that will work as well. I will send it to them and they can then forward it on to you.
2) Post a comment on this blog post by the end of Sunday, 4/25/2010. Leave a nice comment for Melynda to read. Tell her what you think of the bootie pattern.
3) Please post only one comment to give everyone a fair chance.
Again, I'll randomly pick the winners on Sunday and post the results on Monday along with the new giveaway, so be sure to check back. Good luck everyone.