7.23.2010

do you remember...

...this little beauty?



It is a skein of Artyarns Mohair Splash that I picked up during my LYS Tour.

I was so excited when the other day I opened my mailbox and to my surprise there was an unexpected package inside. Lo and behold when I open the package, what do I see? My Mohair Splash's older and more colorful sister!



It's a skein of Artyarns Cameo (75% cashmere and 25% mohair blend), which I can't seem to find a link online or on Ravelry for. Either way it is one lovely, fluffy, skein of goodness! And, it is a thank you gift from my friend Joanna from Slate Falls Press. You remember Joanna! She's the talented and darling lady that wrote Phoebe's Sweater. Thank you Joanna for the wonderful treat! Aren't the two skeins cute together?



It's like a family reunion!

Happy Friday, everyone!

-Ve

10 comments:

Jenny May (renewedmind) said...

So beautiful! What a lovely gift.

SovereignCrux said...

Wow, that's a lovely gift. I bought my artyarns mohair on the LYS tour, as well, but in lilac. Just waiting for the right project...

French Press Knits said...

Oh the are beautiful together, Ve! I'm sure that just made your day, Joanna is a doll.

stringsofpurls said...

Beautiful colors! A lovely gift.

Turtle said...

what a wonderful gift, and what a lovely shawl the two would make!

Jessica said...

Like two peas in a pod!

Unknown said...

They are beautiful! I have some ArtYarns in the same set of colors - two in pink-into-green, one in pink, two in green (if that makes sense). I bought them for a project that I quickly decided was a lame idea and I can't come up with anything to do with them instead. Any ideas?

flossieKNITS said...

they are both gorgeous!

kshotz said...

That's awesome!

Reikjavyk said...

From now on I believe in love at first sight: I'm definitely in love with those yarns!