The two runners up who have each won a skein of Juliet are:
Debbie who wrote, "I love them all, but if I had to pick just one, it would be the variegated so I would get to see them all! Also love the Tranquil waters but like I said at first, all are beautiful because I just love hand-dyed!"
Congratulations! Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to collect your prizes.
Today I have a great interview with one of my most favorite knitwear designers, Melissa LaBarre, to share with you. She is the designer and co-author of the new and popular New England Knits book that came out this past summer.
I got the opportunity to knit one of her most popular hat patterns, crooked paths, a few months ago and I loved the pattern so much, I had to knit it up again shortly after the first beret.
I love this pattern so much, I'm going to knit it up again sometime in the very near future! I have a lovely skein of Madelinetosh in a really bright red that will look amazing knitted up into my THIRD crooked paths beret!
Links and such from the videos:
- knitting school dropout blog
- Melissa's patterns on Rav
- New England Knits book
- Co-authored by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
- Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival
- Interweave publisher
- Melissa's current favs: Quince & Co., Shelter, St-Denis Nordique, & The Plucky Knitter.
- november leaves (You have to check this pattern out!)
Thanks Melissa for visiting us on YOTH! Come back anytime! Melissa has generously donated a signed copy of the New England Knits book for one YOTH follower to win, and she will personally autograph it for the winner too! How cool is that?!
Also, two runners up have the opportunity to pick one free pattern from these five of Melissa's fabulous knitting designs: november leaves, september circle, eleanor’s slouch, crooked paths, or Acorns.
I would like you to do the following if you would like to be entered into this week's giveaway:
1. Read over the rules if you have not done so already.
2. Leave a comment on this blog post by the end of Sunday, 12/12/10. Just leave a comment saying "Hi" to Melissa and let her know what you think of New England Knits!
I'll randomly pick the winners on Sunday and post the results on Monday along with the new giveaway, so be sure to check back. Good luck everyone.