12.20.2012

3rd Day of Knitmas

On this lovely, cold, rainy, dark third day of Knitmas (in Seattle), I have for you one of my favorite of Grace's patterns. Meet Seaweed Scarf...

Seaweed Scarf


I'm just in love with the little upside down V's made by the YO's at the edge of this beauty. It's not too frilly, and it seems to add just the right amount of va-va-va-voom to the piece. I love that this shawl/scarf can be knit into any size you want. I can see myself knitting a really BIG one that I would wrap around my neck on days like these!!


seaweedscarf3


The pattern calls for worsted or sport weight yarn, but I think this scarf would look awesome knit out of fingering weight too. Maybe even adding some fun beads at the edge for sparkle. Ooooh-la-la! There's a lot of options with this one and I like that.


Here's what Grace has to say about her pattern:

Note: This pattern offers two gauge and two yarn options. If you choose to use the worsted weight yarn you will need both sets of larger needle sizes. If you choose to use the sport weight yarn you will need only the smaller needle size.

Materials:
Two stitch markers
For worsted weight yarn:
Size 9 U.S. (5.5mm) 24”-29” circular needle
Size 10 U.S. (6mm) 24”-29” circular needle
For sport weight yarn:
Size 7 U.S. (4.5mm) 24”-29” circular needle

Finished Measurements:
Worsted weight: 35 ½” x 16”
Sport weight: 30 ½” x 15”

Gauge:
Worsted weight: 14 sts & 20 rows = 4” in st.st.
Sport weight: 17 rows & 26 rows = 4” in st.st.

I have knit so many Seaweed Scarves.... I now have one for every outfit! This is one of the best stash busting patterns I have ever thought of.... because of the construction you can knit this scarf as big or small as you want and use any gauge yarn.... here is a blog post where I talk about all the ins and outs of the Seaweed Scarf and how to make it your own!

Remember that to be in the running for a winning PDF copy of this sweet pattern, you need to enter the 100th giveaway here (the comments for this post have been disabled). Follow the instructions at the bottom of that post to enter. I'll be back tomorrow with another prize announcement!

Merry Knitmas!

-Ve