8.18.2013

weekend crafting

This is what Jasmine and I were up to this weekend.


weekendcrafting


- Burlap wrapped canvases with layered vintage buttons (from my large stash of random buttons in Mason jars) in the shape of a J (for Jasmine) and a T (for her friend Treela). Project idea from local craft store.

- Little sewn sachets stuffed with lavender. Lavender purchased from local farm.

- Purl Bee's Newborn Kimono Shirt. Bought bias tape on Etsy (beware that you need two of these packages of tape to complete a kimono) and Robert Kaufman Essex linen purchased at a shop in Seattle.

- Another Purl Bee project: Baby Pants. My chambray cotton fabric is from a cute quilt shop down the road from my house (lucky me!), and the patterned fabric is from a fat square I bought while at the craft store. I don't believe this pattern is for a beginner, which is something I probably should have checked into before starting. There was some seam ripping along the way.


Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and maybe did a little bit of crafting yourselves. Hugs & stitches!

-Ve

P.S. If you can't tell, I got a new sewing machine! I posted over on Instagram.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

what great projects! The button initials are my favorite. By the way, I really like the new look of your blog.

Andi said...

Those button initials are such a lovely idea. I have a large selection of buttons. You may have just given me a wonderful use for them.

Stephanie said...

Everything looks great, but I love the button letters and think it would make a great decor item for a kid's room. I started a new knitting project over the weekend - a pair of warm socks for DH in madelinetosh Twist DK in Whiskey Barrel. (sjn821)

Saima Shaikh said...

We are offering Cotton Waste in the international markets that is obtained from superior grade cotton material.

cotton yarn from Pakistan
cotton carded yarn exporter in Pakistan