5.18.2014

lys tour 2014

We just had our LYS Tour shop hop in our area. Tolt Yarn and Wool decided to participate this year and back in December, Anna, the shop owner, asked me if I wouldn't like to have our YOTH Yarns Big Sister and a design of mine featured for the event. I was so happy and honored that she asked me; however, you all know how long 5 months can feel. I had the pattern designed, knitted and written up by the beginning of the year deadlines, and I can't say that I had forgotten about it, but it sure did fall to the back of mind while waiting for the big weekend.

The four long days are now over and all I can say is WOW! We had such a fun time at the shop and it all felt a little surreal when I had to keep restocking 50+ skeins of yarn everyday, because the previous day's quantities were diminished and looking a bit sad. "Little Brother" made an appearance 3 out of the 4 days and boy, did the ladies love him! He was so sweet and did his best directing customers to one of us when a knitting question arose. I feel very blessed for all the support and it was such a wonderful experience meeting everyone that came by during the tour.

If you are interested in the patterns that our shop offered for free (only) during the event, here they are (now available for sale on Ravelry)...

RutherfordCover

Pattern: Rutherford (knitting)
Designer: me!
Yarn: YOTH Yarns Big Sister
Colorways: Cacao & Oyster
Modeled by: Little Brother, Daniel, & his lovely girlfriend, Jane.


EntwistleCover

Pattern: Entwistle (crochet)
Designer: Tif Fussell AKA Dottie Angel
Yarn: Erika Knight Maxi Wool
Colorways: Artisan
Modeled by: Tif's stunning daughter.

Hope to see everyone next year. Hugs & stitches!

-Ve

4 comments:

Erin said...

Love those twisted stitches in the hat - it's a great unisex pattern.

Jen said...

I loved the pattern and bought 2 skeins of Yoth Big Sister. The yarn is scrumptious, and it feels good to know that my purchase helps support your dream of starting a yarn business!

Anonymous said...

This yarn is amazing!! It's so yummy to knit with. The hat is coming out great. Thanks!!

AnnM said...

So enjoyed meeting you. Your yarn is gorgeous and I'm excited to start the Rutherford hat today! Looking forward to more patterns and yarn from you.