12.29.2014

stovetop

Let's start with that I keep calling this pattern Stovepot by mistake! Is that even a word?! Like a new way to say a pot for a stove...maybe. Regardless of what I keep calling this project, I loved every minute of knitting it. I'm sure you know of Tin Can Knits and if you don't, you really should. Alexa and Emily are not only super talented, but have all sorts of lovely free patterns to choose from, stunning collections that you want to knit one of each of, really helpful tutorials, and most, if not all, of their patterns come in a wide range of sizes from baby all the way up to men's in their unisex designs.

Hubby asked (he doesn't ask often) to have me knit a hat and mitts set for a co-worker's first born. He even requested the color brown or blue, which means he was actually paying attention when chatting with his friend! I decided on Cacao in Big Sister. The hat and mitts whipped up so fast and I used just over half a skein (54g). What a sweet baby gift! It may have to be my new go to.

stovepot1

Pattern: Stovetop (not pot!)
Designer: tincanknits
Yarn: YOTH Yarns Big Sister
Colorway: Cacao
Note: The mitts were a free pattern here that I altered to match the hat.

Happy Knitting!

-Ve

No comments: