2.19.2010

my trip to Victoria, BC

My husband and I were invited on a trip to Vic (as they say here, or at least as my hubby says it) by some close friends of ours. There ended up being a total of 3 couples plus a 9 month old baby. One of our friends was celebrating his birthday and we were all liking the idea of getting away for Valentine's Day. I had 3 goals while I was in Vic:

1) To enjoy a little alone time as a couple with my husband (Jasmine spend the weekend with the grandmas - her choice!)

2) Find Jasmine a sweet little gift for Valentine's to bring back for her (ended up finding a great shampoo bar that smelled like Jasmine, of course, a conditioner to match, and some sparkly lotion bars - now I have sparkles all over my house, which means all over me as well. Who thought of that one?!)

3) Find a yarn store!!!

We had one full day (Sunday) to walk around town and enjoy the shops and city. I decided not to be a good girl and I didn't look up any addresses of yarn stores that I could walk to in town and just went on a whim. Everyone in my group knew my 3 goals and one of my friends turns to me and says, "Hey, there's a button sign on the side of that building down the alley. I bet they sell sewing stuff. Maybe they'll have buttons and possibly yarn." What do ya know? They had buttons, yarn, ribbon, books, magazines, and other needlework stuff. And to top it all off, it was the cutest little store I'd ever seen. It wasn't the biggest, but it had that charm.

Here's some pics I took of the store for all of your enjoyment:





10 comments:

katerina said...

What a lovely lovely store! They seemed to have a bit of everything!!

French Press Knits said...

So charming, now I want to visit!

Sophia said...

That store looks so cozy and inviting (and DANGEROUS)!

StaceyKnitsIt said...

Wow, looks like a great store. I would have spent some time there for sure.

Turtle said...

isn't that a great little store! There are a few wonderful yarn stores in vic!

Life Adorned said...

that looks like a fun shop - so colorful! i dig their button sign.

~margaret said...

Looks like a wonderful shop!

Unknown said...

we went to victoria for our honeymoon this past august and i went into that same precious store! i definitely fell in love and spent some money :)

Camille said...

Now I want to visit Victoria! That button sign is killing me with its cuteness.

Nanny Jean said...

I am into knitting socks and I would like to try Madelinetosh sock yarn . Sounds interesting and I like red. nannyjean