4.10.2010

we're all for sick days. only without the sick part. -Dayquil commercial

I've designated today as knitting day, because I'm sick and it sucks! My mama rescued me and took Jasmine out for a day of shopping (Target), lunching in a fine restaurant (local Thai food), and playing in the park so I may rest. I have a bunch of work to do and I'm stuck in bed with only half my brain functioning (the other half is trapped in the congestion). However, I did manage to roll myself out of bed and get some nice pictures of my finished Oat Couture Victorian T-Shirt.

This little sweater is for my sister's first baby who lives in Prague, CZ. My parents are headed over there next month to go visit her sweet lil' new addition to the family. I hope she likes it!

Here's the sweater:



Here's the adorable, vintage-looking buttons I bought for the sweater when I was in Victoria:



And, this is how it's all packaged up in a hand-sewn bag with a handmade tag and a lavendar satchet (which is also handmade but not by me).



Hope you are all having a lovely weekend and are not sick like me!

-Ve

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest baby jumper EVER! Congrats on the finish.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Silvia M. said...

The sweater is lovely. :)
Hope you feel better soon.

Sara said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are sick. I'm knitting all day today and tomorrow - it's the Masters. I always watch it and knit during it.

That is a cute, cute little baby outfit!

Casey F. said...

That's cute! Hope you feel better soon.

Turtle said...

That is so sweet and adorable! Luv the details and packaging as well. Sweet of your mom to rescue you. My daughter was so ill for 3 days this week, still kind of recovering but off to the movie now with boyfriend and friends. Now i am afraid it's my turn, after spending all day out in the cold damp wind having a yard sale i cannot get warm, but head so hot... oh well, pass it on i guess! smile feel better! (lol, when reading i wondered if your mom brought you some good tom yum soup! perfect for a cold!)

Elly said...

That's a beautiful sweater! Nice job! I really like those handmade tags. Where did you get them from?

Eliana

kshotz said...

Feel better soon! Really precious gift, truly lovely!

Anonymous said...

Sending healing thoughts your way. The baby sweater is absolutely precious!

Knitella on Ravelry

YarnOnTheHouse said...

Thank you, everyone for the well wishes and the sweet compliments.

Turtle - They actually decided to go to Red Robin's instead, so no Thai soup for me. That would have been nice though. :)

Elly - The tags are from Michael's. If I remember correctly, they are Martha Stewart brand, and the stamp I bought from Etsy seller lovetocreatestamps.etsy.com

Have a nice weekend everyone. :)

-Ve

Kristy said...

I hope you feel better soon, I can't stand being sick and I become a huge baby, so I admire that you can get any knitting done at all. I love the sweater! It is so lovely! Where di you get the pattern?

Mary said...

Absolutely beautiful! From the sweater to the packaging!

Allison said...

The buttons are just the perfect touch. I hope you're feeling better soon!

~margaret said...

That sweater is so adorable!! Love the buttons. So sorry you are sick-hope you are feeling better soon.

Kimberly said...

Breathtakingly beautiful photos of a gorgeous gift! Lovely work all around.

Erron Rose said...

How pretty! I loooove the packaging too. It's a perfect gift. I hope you feel better soon!

Angela said...

Oh no! Hope you get better soon! What a lovely gift!!

Life Adorned said...

pretty little sweater!! i hope you're feeling better by now.

Sarah Beth said...

What a beautiful gift for your newest family member!

Nicky said...

Oh my word!!! That is the most adorable little compilation of soft yarn I've ever seen!!! Can I have one in my size? :)