7.04.2011 at 9:14 PM
I really admired her photo for its composition, angle and prop. The colors of her shawl are brilliant and bold, and her explanation of how she "wears" her shawl in the comments was genius. A bookmark!! Love it!
The randomly chosen runner up that wins 2 skeins of osprey is:
Congratulations! Please contact me at email@example.com to collect your prizes.
Happy 4th of July (for my fellow Americans)! The fireworks are a rockin' outside while I'm writing up this blog post. Unfortunately though I'm unable to see any of them. That's what I get for living in the woods. **
** I had some technical difficulties in publishing this post. I apologize for the delay.
I'm happy to bring you a sponsor today that is not only very talented at what she does, but also a treat to listen to. Introducing: Tanis of Tanis Fiber Arts. I first stumbled across Tanis's beautiful yarn after reading a post on the French Press Knits blog back in March. I knew then that I just had to contact Tanis and get her on YOTH for you.
I was so excited when she not only agreed to be our sponsor and guest, but she also agreed to do a video interview with me. Yay! Check it out:
Links and such from the videos:
- Tanis Fiber Arts
- Tanis's really cool Colours page.
- Example of the Mallard color in all the different bases.
- All the yarn bases offered.
- Sunnyside Baby Cardigan
- TFA knitting designs
- The Four Seasons Hat e-book
- I Heart Aran sweater
Thank you, Tanis, for being our guest and sponsor.
* If you did not watch the super awesome-wonderful-terrific video, shame on you! Kidding! But, I do want to mention that Tanis has one of the best laid out online yarn shops I have ever seen. So, I highly recommend visiting her site, if only for the lovely eye candy! Her colours page has all the available colorways neatly together in one area, and then if you click on an individual color, it'll take you to a page where it shows you how that specific colorway looks on all the different yarn bases offered. Really?! As an avid and well-trained yarn shopper myself, I can't get over how pleasing and helpful that is.
And, I'm going to be a mean blog hostess and not tell you what you have the opportunity to win this time. If you want to know, watch the interview!
I would like you to do the following if you would like to be entered into this week's giveaway:
1. Read over the rules if you have not done so already.
2. Leave a comment on this blog post by the end of Sunday, 7/17/11. Tanis wants to know, "What's your favorite weight of yarn to knit with? My answer would be: My favorite weight of yarn would have to be fingering weight, it's so versatile and can do anything! Shawls, socks, hats, gloves, sweaters... the possibilities are endless!" I have to whole heartedly agree with Tanis. Fingering weight just rocks!
I'll randomly pick the winners in 2 weeks and post the results along with the new giveaway, so be sure to check back. Good luck everyone.