12.23.2012

6th day of Knitmas

I'm back today with SIX skeins of beautiful Shibui Knits Merino Alpaca. That's enough yarn to make yesterday's pattern feature, Walt's Tangled Cables scarf. I have not had the pleasure of knitting with this pretty yarn, but I can say that after holding it in my hot little hands, I find the ply and fiber blend very alluring. It's soft and lofty, yet looks like it knits up crisp stitches because of its construction. This is one yarn that I have added to my must try list!

GA100shibui


The color is called Camel and is a lovely neutral shade of… well, camel color. It's actually pretty perfect for either a guy or gal knit. So, a good choice for the unisex scarf pattern indeed. Shibui Knits Merino Alpaca is a 50/50 blend of superfine merino and baby alpaca, and it's very squishable, huggable, adorable, and all the other able's that mean it'll make you just plain happy to knit with.

Remember that to be in the running for a winning PDF copy of yesterday's pattern feature and one of today's yarn winners, you need to enter the 100th giveaway here (the comments for this post have been disabled). Follow the instructions at the bottom of that post to enter. I'll be back tomorrow with another pattern to share!

Happy Sunday!

-Ve