The two Runners Up are:
InJuneau & Kristen
Congratulations! Please contact me at email@example.com to collect your prizes.
Happy Spring, everyone! We had a really beautiful past two days in our area. I know the weather's just teasing us, but it felt really good after the weird snow fall on early last Friday morning. Even with Spring in full swing, our temperatures in the Pacific Northwest tend to lend themselves well to sweaters and especially lovely cardis (my favorite).Today's guest is the brilliant Kate Oates, and she is, my friends, one of the masters of cabled knitted things from kids wear to accessories and full size womens' and mens' garments. Let's see… Gramps Cardigan, Rondo, Master Charles Sweater… that's just to show you a few. I've had the opportunity to knit quite a few of Kate's designs and they are some of my favorites. Honest to goodness, good pattern writing with beautiful pictures. She has recently released a pattern, Morning Coffee, and I really think Kate was channeling me while knitting this cardi. Right?!
Links and such from the videos:
- Kate Oates Blog & on Ravelry
- Knitting Clothes Kids Love
- Topped for Another Year
- Topped for a Year (the first book)
- Morning Coffee cardigan
- Lorna's Laces
- Haymarket yarn
- Byrne: Mayor of Chicago
- Morning Coffee KAL
- Little Knits
- KAL blog post
- Gramps Cardi
- Tot Toppers & When I Grow Up Group
- I was wearing my Dindy Beret during the interview!
Take a look at this gorgeous yarn that Lornas sent over:
ONE very lucky follower has the chance to win all of those 8 lovely skeins of Haymarket, a fantastic PDF copy of the Morning Coffee pattern, & two Tottoppers project bags I found in my giveaway closet! TWO more winners will each receive a PDF copy of the pattern & Topped for Another Year. How fun!!
I would like you to do the following if you would like to be entered into this week's giveaway:
1. Read over the rules if you have not done so already.
2. Leave a comment on this blog post by the end of Sunday, 4/7/13. What do you crave to knit during springtime? Are you in Spring cleaning mode, and trying to clear out your WIPS's? Or, do you feel happy from the sunshine and CO all sorts of new projects?
I'll randomly pick the winners in 2 weeks and post the results along with the new giveaway, so be sure to check back. Good luck everyone.