10.07.2013

worsted's are here

I completely let this past weekend get away from me. Here are the Worsted weights finally, if you've been waiting for them. I have Aran weights scheduled for tomorrow and hopefully by Wednesday I'll be posting my final listings, Bulky weights. Enjoy!

Repeat of the same "how it works":

- I will be posting a different weight of yarn every day to two days (starting with lace weight and working thru to bulky).
- All weight, color, and other important information will be provided in my Ravelry destash list, which I will link each yarn specifically to for your reference.
- I researched each yarn and tried to price on the lowest end (according to other Ravelers) to be competitive.
- All my yarn has been stored in plastic bags along with lavender and cedar sachets (none of the yarn has any fragrance to it, the lavender and cedar were in the drawers along side the bags for preventive measures only).
- Most of the yarn was purchased directly by me in either a LYS, yarn show, or online; however, I do have some skeins that were purchased from other Ravelers' stashes, traded and/or gifted to me. If this is the case, I will make sure to note that for your information. I will also mention if any of the yarn has been previously knit with and frogged. All pictures have been taken the day of posting, so the condition (balled, caked, in original skein) is well shown.
- US shipping is as follows: 1 skein = $2, 2 skeins = $3, 3 skeins = $4, 4 skeins = $5 and 5+ skeins is FREE. All International shipping can request a quote via PM on Rav or email to yarnonthehouse@gmail.com. Since I will be posting a new weight of yarn each day or two, if you think you may want to purchase multiple skeins of yarn throughout the posts to combine or receive free shipping, you can hold the most current skeins by sending payment for yarn alone and then wait the week or so for all the posts to finish before mailing everything out together.

DSC_0041
Manos Del Uruaguay - Rittenhouse Merino 5-Ply - $9: Looks like a great yarn to work with. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued since I bought it. I was never able to find a pattern to knit this into, but I think it would make a nice small cowl or hat and mitt set.

DSC_0006
SOLD
Madelinetosh - Tosh Vintage - $15 each or $56 for set: This is my favorite color! I love Celadon. And, Madtosh, you can't go wrong here!

DSC_0010
The Fibre Company - Canopy Worsted - $9 each or $104 for set: Please note that 8 skeins are one dye lot, 5 are another, and 1 is unknown. Also, the color in my picture didn't come out very accurately. The yarn is more pea green and a bit brighter. I purchased this to knit myself a sweater, but it never happened. It's extremely soft and luxurious. These skeins are the smaller 50g ones.

DSC_0011
SOLD
Madelinetosh - Tosh Vintage - $49 for all 3.5 skeins (I will not break up this set): There is slightly more than 3.5 skeins of this yarn. Some of it was knit and frogged. I do not remember which skeins were knit with. Stunning color.

DSC_0044
SOLD
Cascade Yarns - Cascade 220 - $5: It's Cascade 220. Not much to say. Good work horse of a yarn. Great for felting.

DSC_0045
Cascade Yarns - Cascade 220 - $4: Please note that this yarn has been partially knit with.

DSC_0047
Cascade Yarns - Cascade 220 - $4: Please note that this yarn has been partially knit with.

DSC_0065
Araucania - Quellon - $4: Cute yarn! I bought this for Jasmine to try knitting with. It never happened.

DSC_0035
Zaol - Toki 80 (White, Red & Gray) - $9 each or $32 for set: This yarn is amazing! It's the softest yarn I think I ever laid my hands on. The colors are beautiful with the angora halo and the red is intense.

Thanks for looking! I'll be back tomorrow. If you are interested in any of these lovely yarns, please contact me on Ravelry or by email at: yarnonthehouse@gmail.com. My preferred method of receiving payment is via Paypal.

Hugs & stitches!

-Ve

No comments: