10.04.2013

knitterly finds

I can't believe it's Friday already. Where does the time go?! I've been busy clearing out my stash, organizing my home life, budgeting and working out bills for the very-soon-unemployment status, eeeek! And, I just learned that one of our cars needs new brakes, because when it rains it pours, and that's just the way it is. I do have a bit of good news though... this evening I'm headed to an orientation for a new part time job that I'll be starting soon. There is a beautiful, new local yarn store opening in my area, and I've been lucky enough to be chosen to be a part of their staff. I'll be slinging some yarn on Saturdays, hosting some good old fashioned knitting circles, and teaching some creative knitting workshops featuring my two favorite things, sweaters and shawls. I'm extremely excited and honored to be a part of this new store! It's going to be a destination LYS for the "Seattle" area, I can feel it in my bones. The owner is one of the sweetest ladies that I've ever met and her esthetic and dreams for the store are right up my alley. The Grand Opening has not been announced yet, all I can say is that it's very soon! I'll post more info when I can or you can sign up for the newsletter to receive the announcement. If anyone is local to me or planning to be in town in the future, I'd love for you stop in and say hi!

IMG_20131004_120205

- So more good news... I finished my Sonetto Shawl. I have yet to block it, but oh how I do love it so! My favorite part was that I could knit, knit along until I was almost outta yarn and finish, so I used up almost every last inch of my yarn.

- With all this cold weather starting, I have sweaters on the brain. I'm liking this one, but a couple days later this one came out and I think I like Amy's even better. The neckline especially on the second one.

- I missed this one back when, but it made it into the Rav Top 20 or 30 recently and caught my eye.

- This collection is adorable, and I especially want one of these for myself.

- Veera is an all time favorite of mine, and her new pattern is really nice. I'm just wondering how much longer this boxy top thing is going to be in style though, and I'm afraid that by the time I actually knit myself one, I may be outta luck!

- Stumbled across this project recently and thought it was a really pretty mod on the original.

That's all I've got! I keep hearing about holiday gift knitting beginning everywhere. I'd love to hear what you are planning on knitting. Have a great weekend, my knitting friends!

-Ve

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

What a fantastic opportunity, you are going to love your new job and they are going to love you.
Hugs,
Meredith

Ness said...

Congratulations! Some of my fondest memories are of working in my LYS (and some of the worst, but those are much, much fewer :]). I miss it so, so much. You will absolutely love it and you'll be so great. :)

Next time I'm in Seattle, I'll have to stop in!

Maryse said...

Enjoy your new job! I'm knitting baby knits these days ;-) I don't knit for Christmas although I've been thinking about knitting a scarf for a very special friend... We'll see!

needle-artist said...

Just found your blog and really enjoyed reading it. Good luck with the new job in your lys. It'll be fun for all. Christmas knitting: I'm finishing up a knit sweater (top down) for my youngest granddaughter in her fav color bright yellow. Also working in knit afghans for 2 of her older siblings. Using simple garter stitch and no pattern on them so they'll be finished on time.