10.31.2014

kal + pattern shares

Are you ready for our First Ever YOTH KAL? It starts in just a couple of hours on my side of the world, but there's still plenty of time to join on the fun. The KAL runs the entire month of November and you can knit any project of your choosing, so feel free to hop in at anytime. Read through this blog post or join us in the Rav group for all the info.

I've decided that I'm going to design a small free garment pattern during the KAL. Once the KAL is finished, I'll share that pattern with you here. You can follow my journey and others' in Ravelry group while we knit through the month of November. And, can I just say, I think YOTH colors make for great holiday gifts. All the girls and boys in my family approve.

I also recently finished a pair of rejoice leg warmers. Remember this little freebie?! It was nice revisiting this pattern and knitting it out of Little Brother this time. They are luxurious and I'll be sporting them on my legs at the Knit Fit show next weekend. Can't wait! This might be a good one for the KAL, just sayin'. I made the M/L and ended up using a little over one skein in the Hazelnut colorway for the main color and just under 100 yds of Cracked Pepper for the contrast.

rejoiceprojectblog1

rejoiceprojectblog2

Pattern: rejoice
Designer: yours truly
Yarn: YOTH Yarns Little Brother
Colorways: Hazelnut & Cracked Pepper
My Rav project page here
Modeled by: Jane, as usual


Also, my sweet and super talented friend Susan just recently released a new hat pattern, Grace, on Ravelry. It uses about exactly half of a skein of Little Brother. This hat is so pretty and light as a feather. Hey, you could get rejoice and Grace out of 2 skeins of Little Brother, if you used a little something you may have at home for the contrast color on the leg warmers, and what spectacular gifts! Susan used a One of a Kind color from us, but I would say the Black Mission Fig is this color's cousin.

graceblog1

graceblog2


Happy knitting and I hope to see you in our KAL with us!


-Ve


No comments: